You made it. You just bought something on eBay. But there is a problem. You either found the same thing cheaper somewhere or You overestimated your funds. Do not worry, because if you made your purchase in the last hour, you can request that the seller cancel your order as long as they haven’t already shipped it. If it’s been more than an hour since your purchase, you need to contact the seller and ask them to cancel it for you.
Steps on How to Cancel Your eBay Order as a Buyer within an hour
- Log into your eBay account on the eBay Homepage and hover over “My eBay” and select “Purchase history”.
- Find your Order, that you want to cancel. In the middle right, you find a Drop-down menu that reads “more actions”. Click it and select “Cancel this order”.
- Then click “Submit” to confirm your cancellation and you’re done.
Steps on How to Cancel Your eBay Order as a Buyer after an hour
- Log into your eBay account on the eBay Homepage and hover over “My eBay” and select “Purchase history”
- Find your Order, that you want to cancel. In the middle right, you find a Drop-down menu that reads “more actions”. Click it and select “Contact seller”.
- On this page select “Request to cancel this order” and select in the newly opened window the link “contact the seller”.
- Here you can now send your cancellation request to the seller. State your reason for your cancellation, add photos if needed and check the box to send a copy of your cancellation to your e-mail. If everything is done, you can send the message and you are done.
If the seller already shipped out the item and you initiated a cancellation, you will get a notification with an email that includes the return label to send the item back to the seller. Once the item was shipped out and also received the seller, eBay will automatically notify them to inspect the item. After the inspection is completed, the seller can initiate the refund and eBay will automatically refund any seller fees associated with this particular purchase.
Lastly, if you are a seller and would like to cancel a purchase of a buyer on eBay, please check out our guide here.
Selling Clothing Online?
Solve the Size Issue & Create Size Charts that Reduce Returns and Keep Your Customers Happy.
Cut Returns by 50%
Boost Sales by 26%
Create in Seconds
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)