A swimsuit can be confusing to measure because of its stretchy material and odd shape. However, this swimsuit measuring guide should show you how to expertly measure your swimsuits so you can do so with confidence.
First Things First
Before we start make sure you lie the swimsuit flat to avoid any wrinkles that could lead to incorrect measurements
- Shoulder to underarm: Place your measuring tape at the top of the shoulder and pull the tape down to the bottom of the arm opening
- Chest: Measure from the bottom of one arm opening across the garment to the bottom of the other arm opening on the opposite side
- Torso: Measure from the bottom of the arm opening to the top of the leg opening on the same side
- Front length: Place the measuring tape in the middle of the garment starting at the head opening and pull it straight down to the crotch area
- Lower hips: Measure from the top of one leg opening across to the top of the other leg opening on the opposite side
- All done!
Pro Tip: If you are selling clothing online, sign up for the free size chart creator.
- Lie the swimsuit flat before measuring
- Don’t be fooled by the stretchy material. Keep your measurements as exact as possible- to the nearest ¼ of an inch. While it may seem that a swimsuit’s stretchy material means you can round to the nearest ½ an inch, you don’t want to risk making a measurement mistake.
- Always confirm your measurements are accurate by remeasuring.
Create Accurate Measurement Templates in Seconds
Start creating Free Templates Now.
A quick and easy way of sharing measurements online, Sizely works on any platform and it takes seconds to generate a sizing template.
- Increase sales & reduce returns at the same time
- Works on any platform such as eBay, Poshmark, Etsy & more.
- Over 180+ Templates across all categories
- Imperial and metric system support
- Save, edit & share measurements in seconds
Selling Clothing Online?
Solve the Size Issue & Create Size Charts that Reduce Returns and Keep Your Customers Happy. Used by Over 35,000 Sellers Worldwide on Platforms such as eBay, Poshmark, Amazon, Shopify & More.
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)