Measuring a bikini can initially seem a bit difficult because there are so many pieces. It’s important to find a bikini that fits well because if they are too small, they can overly accentuate the bust or butt and if they are too big, they can easily fall off. When swimming in the local pool or beach, the last thing anyone wants to happen is for their bikini to make them feel uncomfortable. However, it’s not as difficult to measure a bikini as one might think. Just follow this step-by-step guide and see for yourself!
First Things First
Before we start make sure you lie the jacket flat to avoid any wrinkles that could lead to incorrect measurements
- Cup length: Place the measuring tape in the middle of one of the cups and pull the tape down vertically to the bottom of the bikini top.
- Cup width: Measure the width of the cup by placing the measuring tape on the outside of the bottom of one cup and pulling it across towards the middle of the bathing suit top to the other side of the cup.
Bikini Bottom Front
- Waist width: Measure from one side of the waist across to the other side.
- Front length: Place the measuring tape in the middle of the front of the bikini bottom and pull it down vertically to the bottom of the crotch.
Bikini Bottom Back
- Back length: Place the measuring tape in the middle of the back of the bikini bottom and pull it down vertically to the bottom of the crotch.
- All done!
- Lie both pieces of your bikini flat before measuring. If your bathing suit is laid on a bumpy surface or has material that it bunched up, your measurements won’t be accurate.
- Don’t be fooled by the stretchy material of a bikini. Keep your measurements precise by rounding to the nearest ¼ of an inch. It may seem that you can round up higher, such as to the nearest ½ of an inch, because of the suit’s stretchy material, but that’s not the case.
- Always remeasure your garment. The best way to ensure that your measurements are correct is to measure two or three times in total.
Selling Clothing Online?
Solve the Size Issue & Create Size Charts that Reduce Returns and Keep Your Customers Happy.
Cut Returns by 50%
Boost Sales by 26%
Create in Seconds
GET MORE TIPS LIKE THIS IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our newsletter and get monthly seller tips & tricks.
(No spam, we promise)